Creative cookie packages _ taste of home
Nothing warms the hearts of out-of-town relatives and friends at holiday time like receiving a package from home. Office ideas for small rooms And when the parcel contains a pretty tin packed with home-baked cookies, their delight is undeniable.
To ensure the mouth-watering morsels are at their best upon arrival, review these packing pointers.
• Bake and completely cool cookies just before packing and shipping so they’re as fresh as possible.
• Determine which cookies to mail based on their fragility. Great office ideas decorating Many bars, brownies and drop, refrigerator and sandwich cookies are fairly sturdy and travel well. Home office desk ideas for two Some cutouts and shaped varieties are a little more delicate and more likely to break. Modern office design ideas pictures Cookies requiring refrigeration are poor choices to ship because they’ll spoil.
• To help cookies stay fresh and intact, wrap them in bundles of two (for drop cookies, place their bottoms together) with plastic wrap. Home office ideas for small spaces It’s best to wrap bars individually.
• Pack crisp and soft cookies in separate tins. Office furniture design for small space If they’re packed together, the moisture from the soft cookies will seep into the crisp cookies, making them lose their crunch. Office design concept ideas Consider shipping soft cookies by express mail so they’ll be moist upon arrival.
• To help retain the best flavor, don’t put strong-flavored cookies (like gingersnaps) and mild-flavored ones (like sugar cookies) in the same tin.
• Line a festive tin or box with crumpled wax paper to help cushion the cookies (popped popcorn in resealable plastic bags also work well). Office interior design uk Snugly pack the cookies to within 1 inch of the top. Work office organization ideas Use crumpled waxed paper or bubble wrap to fill any gaps between the cookies. Cool office interior design ideas Add more waxed paper or bubble wrap over the last layer to cushion the cookies and prevent them from shifting during shipping. Decoration ideas for office desk Close the tin or box.
• Place a layer of crumpled paper, bubble wrap or foam shipping peanuts in the bottom of a cardboard box that is slightly larger than your cookie tin. Home office decorating ideas pinterest Set the tin on top, then add more paper, bubble wrap or shipping peanuts.
• Seal the box tightly with tape, label the top and sides of the package “Fragile and Perishable” and adhere a mailing label.
After you’ve taken the time to prepare an assortment of homemade foods for friends and family, why not take the extra step and package them in a unique way?
Some creative containers are merely clever conversation pieces. Decorating ideas for my office at work Others can be part of the gift itself to be enjoyed long after the goodies are gobbled up. Interior design for office space (Recipes in photos are shown at right.)
• A Colander of Cookies. Office interior design company dubai Instead of relying on an ordinary Christmas tin or wicker basket, fashion a container out of a colander! You may want to line the colander with a napkin to catch any crumbs.
• Clever Candy Dish. Office holiday picture ideas Looking for a way to butter up people this holiday season? Start by making a batch of fudge. Cool office space ideas Then cut a large piece of fudge to fit the dimensions of a new, clean butter dish. Dental clinic interior design images In keeping with the theme, include a butter knife for sweet slicing.
• It’s in the Can! Surprise someone with a paint can brimming with homemade snack mix. Halloween decorating ideas for work Purchase a new can and lid (available in gallon or quart sizes) at a hardware store. Work office christmas decorating ideas Wash and dry.
Line the inside of the can with plastic wrap. Small law office design layout Add some crumbled tissue paper if desired. Law firm logo design ideas Fill the can with your treats. Office decorating ideas pictures Set the lid on top and gently tap with a hammer to close.
Wrap the outside of the can with festive wrapping or scrapbook paper. Interior design pictures for living room in india Or simply set a decorative wreath on top of the undecorated silver can. Interior design ideas for bedroom Another idea is to write or type a holiday greeting on a piece of paper and slip it into a small magnetic photo frame. Creative office workspace ideas Place the frame on the lid. Interior decorating ideas office space And don’t forget to include a clean paint-can opener so the recipient can easily unlatch the munchies inside.
• Great Frame Up. Ideas for office breakfast Inexpensive picture frames (measuring 5 in. Creative office interior design ideas x 7 in.) serve as unique trays that can be put to good use long after the cookies or candies have been enjoyed. Office den decorating ideas Cut a decorative piece of paper to the size and place it inside the frame under the glass. Business office color ideas Clean the glass and set a cellophane-wrapped loaf of bread or stack of cookies on top. Office room setup ideas Hold the frame and treat together with a wide ribbon.
• Dress Up a Disposable Pan. Office interior design company in bangladesh If you want to give away a coffee cake or other baked good as a gift but fret about getting your baking pan back, bake it in a disposable aluminum foil pan. Office interior design london Then dress it up! Look for pans that come with clear plastic lids. Work office decorating ideas on a budget When the cake or baked good is cool, cover and wrap with sheer fabric. Office interior design images Attach a bow and a copy of the recipe.
• Special Snack Caddy. Office interior painting ideas Transform an ordinary condiment caddy into a unique snack basket. Medical office design toronto Look in department and variety stores for two glasses and a condiment caddy that can hold the glasses and two soda bottles. Home office wall organization ideas Fill each glass with snack mix or another treat and cover with plastic wrap. Home office decorating ideas paint Place the glasses and soda bottles in the caddy. Home office ideas for men Attach an ornament, gift tag or bow…and you’re ready to go.