Cremation services – watts funeral homes
Many families today are choosing cremation. Taylor funeral home denver co You need to know that we own our own private, on-premise crematory called the Cremation Tribute Center. Davis funeral home llc Because of our significant investment, you are ensured not only the highest standards of care, comfort and accountability…but also the peace-of-mind that your loved one’s cremation will be completed quicker than by any other cremation providers because we control all aspects of the entire cremation process.
All funeral homes advertise “cremation services” but please don’t be fooled! Practically all area funeral homes subcontract out this important service to distant common, multiple-user, off-site industrial crematories. Davis funeral home marion sc This is not the case with Watts Funeral Home and Cremation Center.
Funeral homes in fresno calif Your loved one never leaves our Cremation Tribute Center and no one but our own Staff will care for them.
Since we are an actual crematory operator and are privileged to serve more cremation families every year than the majority of all other area funeral homes combined, you have the peace-of-mind in knowing that you have retained a “cremation expert”. Memorial park funeral home st petersburg fl Let us share some of that knowledge with you so you can be an informed consumer.
Please attend one of our free cremation seminars and tour our Cremation Tribute Center. Davis funeral home las vegas nevada Or, with our “open door” policy, drop by anytime and we would be proud to give you a private tour. Memorial park funeral home oklahoma city ok As an introduction to cremation, here are answers to some of the more common cremation questions.
• What is cremation?Cremation is the process of reducing the human body to bone particles and ash through the application of direct flame and intense heat.
• Can I have a service with cremation?For those desiring cremation, you actually have more options and flexibility when it comes to service offerings. Appalachian funeral services Everything is available from a traditional ceremony followed by cremation and then burial to a memorial service after the cremation has occurred. Prince funeral service Furthermore, since we are not restricted by the operating hours of the cemetery, you have the flexibility to schedule your ceremonies for day or night.
• Is embalming required?No. Funeral services industry Florida law does require that the body be embalmed or held in refrigeration following 24 hours after death. Memorial funeral services We do require embalming if you elect to have a public ceremony with an open casket.
• Is a casket necessary for cremation?Florida law does require that the body be held in a rigid, leak-proof container for dignified storage, transfer and handling. Legacy cremation & funeral services Today, we have a variety of cremation containers and caskets that are very economical and manufactured specifically for cremation. Memorial park funeral services If preferred, we also have traditional burial caskets that you can rent for ceremonial purposes. Romero funeral home denver co Please speak with a member of our staff for further details.
• Can we witness the cremation?Definitely; it is becoming common practice, and we encourage you to do so. All faiths funeral home grand island ne Our Cremation Tribute Center was built with a Witness Room so that the initiation of the cremation process could be witnessed whether for religious, peace of mind, or other reasons. Beach funeral services Our Witness Room is even equipped with remote controls so that the family can start the cremation equipment if such participation is preferred for religious reasons.
• Can I be cremated if I am Catholic?Prohibited prior to the Second Vatican Council, the Catholic Church has permitted cremation as a means of disposition since the mid-1960’s, though not the preferred method. Generations funeral and cremation services Our St. Best funeral services west valley chapel Petersburg Diocese now permits the cremated remains to be taken to the church for the memorial mass. Co op funeral directors london road brighton We would be glad to provide you with a copy of the Diocese’s guidelines for cremation.
• What are the legal requirements for cremation in Florida?There are three basic legal requirements which must be met before a cremation can be performed in Florida. Tribute funeral and cremation services First, at least 48 hours must elapse between the time of death and the time of the cremation. Professional funeral services Second, a legally authorized individual must give permission for the cremation in writing. Funeral service manager jobs Third, our Medical Examiner must give approval for the cremation which requires a completed death certificate for their review.
• What can be done with the cremated remains?Your options are many. Legacy funeral home florida The cremated remains can be buried in a cemetery, placed in a columbarium niche, kept at home, scattered on private property or at least 3 miles offshore in the Gulf of Mexico, buried in a underwater reef, transformed into a cultured diamond, or launched into outer space. Doves funeral services east london Our staff can assist you in exploring your many and unique options.
• How long does the cremation process take?It depends on the size of the individual and the type of cremation container or casket. Memorial park funeral services north richland hills tx Typically, the process takes 2 to 3 hours at a normal operating temperature of 1600 to 1800 degrees Fahrenheit.
• What happens following the cremation process?Following the actual cremation, all bone particles and other materials are retrieved from the cremation equipment by sweeping them into a stainless steel collection pan for cooling. Carolina funeral service & cremation center Once cooled, all metal materials, including metal casket parts, hip joints, & bridgework, are removed by both visual inspection and use of a strong magnet. Anderson south carolina funeral homes The remaining bone particles and ash are then reduced into a small, consistent size and placed in the selected urn.
• What do cremated remains look like?Cremated remains resemble coarse beach sand. Davis funeral home leavenworth ks They are typically light gray in color. Vogler funeral home winston salem nc The cremated remains of an average size adult would weigh between 5 to 8 pounds and usually take up 200 cubic inches in volume or less. Free funeral service templates word Except for some minuscule amounts of cremated remains which cannot practically be removed from the cremation equipment, all cremated remains are placed in the selected urn.