Frugal for life
There is nothing so disgusting as the odor from feet… How to wash black shirts without fading smelly farts come in a close second. How do you wash airbrushed t shirts Is it summer or winter that brings out the sweaty, stinky feet? For my house, it is summer because my sandals absorb the sweat from my hot feet and the stink just follows you around like toilet paper stuck to your foot.
First off, sweaty feet is your body cooling off and a natural part of biology and only you would know if you sweat excessively.
Washing clothes in cold water vs warm Sweat itself is odorless, but when it comes in contact with the bacteria on your skin and stays in a dark, damp and warm place for a period of time, it starts to smell.
• Wash and Dry Well. How to clean clothes without detergent Start the day with feet that are clean and dried well to give yourself a head start.
• Foot Antiperspirant. What temperature to wash white clothes on The same antiperspirant that is used on under arms will work with the bottom of your dried off feet as well. How to wash clothes in a washing machine All your body parts should be clean and dry, so roll on or spray on and go.
• Change Socks. What water to wash white clothes in Changing your socks once or twice a day after drying your feet off will help cut down on foul smelling bacteria that builds up on your feet.
• Feet Soaking. Should you wash clothes in warm or cold water There are quite a few options for soaking your feet. How to wash tie dye shirts 1 Gal. How to dry clean cotton clothes at home Warm water with 1/2 C. How to clean your clothes without a washing machine Hydrogen Peroxide, or 1/2 C. How to clean a washing machine with baking soda Baking soda, or 1/2 C. How to wash dark clothes Bleach. How to clean fabric sofa with baking soda ( bleach is not good if your are diabetic), or 1/2 C. Black clothes washer Vinegar. What temperature to wash clothes with stains Whichever you choose, doing this over a period of 1 week to 1 month every night appears to help many people.
• Dead Skin Scrub. Can you wash your clothes with dish soap Getting a pumice stone or old toothbrush to ex-foliate your feet and give them a new life.
• Natural Materials. How to clean white clothes that have turned pink Shoes and socks with natural materials and not man-made, like canvas or leather shoes and cotton or wool socks, allow your feet to breathe and dry out.
• Just a Sprinkle or Spray. How to clean cloth car seats with baking soda Baby powder, baking powder or Lysol will work to dry up the shoe, absorb the odor and get you ready for day two.
• Newspaper Absorption. Can i wash white shirts with colors No powder around, no problem. White clothes wash in what water Stuff the shoes with newspaper to dry them out.
• Rotating Shoes. How to wash dress shirts in washing machine Since air drying shoes does not happen over night, you would want to have some other shoes to use while they dry out fully.
• Wash and Dry. Wash your clothes Toss the shoes into the washer for a good soak and swish, then let them air dry. How to clean leather couches with baking soda One alternative is to wipe out the shoes with hydrogen peroxide or vinegar and then let them dry.
• Reusable Absorption. Wash white clothes hot or cold Pour kitty litter or coffee grounds into pantyhose legs or and old sock, tie off the end and fit it to the shoe for overnight odor remover.
• Change Insoles. How to wash colored clothes first time Take out the old insoles and replace them with some new insoles or odor eater variety
I think that about covers it. How to wash clothes in top load washing machine I have washed down my sandals with hydrogen peroxide and water ( tested small area first) and they seem to be good for now. How to wash black clothes in washing machine Just a matter of keeping feet and shoes clean and remembering that the opposite of dark, damp and warm is best for my shoes and feet.
** There is a non thrifty way to kill the bacteria in shoes and that is with a shoe tree with UV light. What happens when you wash clothes in cold water These are found at Amazon under Sterishoe for about $130 and I don’t know how well they would work with sandals, if at all.
What other thrifty suggestions do you have for stinky feet and shoes?
I can only use all-natural products, so if I get stinky feet/shoe I have two options: 1. How to wash multi colored clothes Put baking soda in the shoe and rub lemon juice on my feet. How to wash shirts by hand 2. How do i clean my washing machine My favorite(!!) is purchasing a little bit of clove/cinnamon oil at the health food store and putting it in a spray bottle with some water for feet and shoes. Black spots on clothes from washing machine They have anti-septic properties and it gets rid of the stinky right away.
Personally, I would never add bleach to put my feet in as there are other less harsh chemicals, but if other state they use it in that capacity and they think it works for them, it is certainly an option.
But like all tips – use with caution, test an area first, use common sense and buyer beware.
All body odors can usually be minimized and/or eliminated by habitually drinking lots of water till your urine turns pale.
Our bodies will try to excrete toxins through the skin (where bacteria will feed) when the urine is too saturated. How to wash hunting clothes scent free When well hydrated, the kidneys can remove more through the bladder.
Never heard advice more absurd as throwing shoes in the washer (?!!). Best way to hand wash clothes This would soften the glues that hold layers together, destroy the leather or dyed canvas finish and any fancy paint/colouring/protective treatments or embellishments you might have on the shoes, and rip them up better than your dog.
But one surprising remedy I found and I SWEAR BY now is crystal or rock salts deodorant. How to dry clean clothes at home in hindi It’s usually sold under different brand names in solid or liquid form. How to clean white clothes without bleach The liquid is easier to use for the feet and shoes, but you can probably dissolve the solid “rock stick” in water (although it takes forever) and use it as well.
It’s a completely colourless and oudourless liquid that looks entirely like plain clean water.
I emphatically attest that NONE of the fancy (and expensive!) sprays, powders and liquids that claim to rid you of foot odour, athlete’s foot, freshen your shoes etc. Dry clean hand wash clothes by Dr. What temperature do you wash dark clothes in Scholl and suchlike that line drugstore shelves come even close to the efficacy, longevity of action AND the medicinal effects of rock or crytal salt deodorants.
I only regret that I have wasted hundreds of $$ and almost a decade on the utterly useless but expensive junk by Dr. Color clothes wash hot or cold Scholl’s and Tinactin and the like.
Funniest thing is, the antibacterial and antifungal properties of rock salts are not even advertised or mentioned anywhere on these products. How to get clean clothes in washing machine I discovered them purely by accident and was absolutley ASTOUNDED by the effectiveness of the crystal salt deodorants in treating foot sores, fungal infections (anyone who ever had one knows it’s damn near impossible to get rid of one) let alone any bad odours. How to wash clothes correctly Not bad for a “tree-hugging” novelty product.
Washing and drying your feet very accurate is very important. Best time to wash clothes in ontario Moreover the use of cedar wood is probably one of the best things to get rid of foot odor. How to clean upholstery with baking soda The cedar wood fights the bad smelling food bacteria and give off a very good smelling flavor. How to wash the white clothes So there are several insoles made from cedar wood (cedarsoles) available.
Go to your local drug store and buy some Boric Acid. Should i wash newborn clothes before wearing BE CAREFUL. What cycle do you wash white clothes on It’s poisonous if ingested!! But I will SWEAR by this… How to whiten stained white clothes Just take a small pinch n put into your stinky shoes and Wear them like normal. Black fabric dye washing machine It will kill the bacteria in your shoes and the stink in both your feet and shoes. How to hand wash dry clean only clothes I promise 🙂
In response to Anonymous above “Never heard advice more absurd as throwing shoes in the washer (?!!).”
I actually put my shoes in the washing machine. How to clean white converse with laundry detergent I know your post is some two years old but those suffering with severe foot odour problems as I do, should note that there are many brands of washable shoes on the market.
Obviously not all shoes can go in the washing machine, and I wouldn’t wash them as part of the weekly chores, but check with the shoe manufacturer.
I was a bit worried the first time I washed my Rockport shoes (all three pairs) but they came out just fine. How to clean pet stains with baking soda Phew !!! So if they say the shoes are washable give it a go.
I rotate my shoes and use foot powder in between washes but I’m going to try soaking my feet in tea as I’ve heard that works really well.